The initial concept of riding a bicycle the length of Thailand was devised so that we could see the country and really experience Thailand through all our senses – tasting, seeing, smelling, touching, and hearing.
Of course making a journey of this kind on a bicycle would be personally challenging and gratifying, but why not make it more significant? Do it for a reason, a cause, a real purpose that will change the world for the people that are directly involved, and more importantly, other people who can benefit from our efforts.
After numerous years of participating in charity rides in the U.S., helping local charities, fundraising, advocating, and raising awareness, we thought that it would be pointless to make this epic journey without providing multiple levels of benefit. We want to give riders the time of their lives seeing Thailand in the best way possible while benefitting people in the communities we are visiting.
A joint fundraiser for…
…and your local Rotary Club
The Rotary Club presenting the Tour de Thailand – Rides 4 Rotary is the Rotary Club of Royal Hua Hin (RCRHH) located in the beachside resort of Hua Hin, Thailand. The RCRHH is a very diverse club that consists of 47 members from 17 different nationalities (as of June 2017). The goals and benefits of the Tour de Thailand – Rides 4 Rotary are as follows:
- To raise funds and awareness for projects in Thailand by the Rotary Club of Royal Hua Hin
- To raise funds and awareness for projects of Rotary Clubs worldwide.
- To raise funds and awareness to End Polio Now through Rotary Foundation
- To introduce Rotary to cyclists from around the world.
- To bring Rotarians and like-minded cyclists from around the world to enjoy a cycling holiday of a lifetime through the beauty of Thailand.
- For Rotarians to enjoy fellowship with local Thai and other International Rotarians
- Fighting disease, providing clean water, supporting education, saving mothers and children
The Tour de Thailand – Rides 4 Rotary are a series of (5) epic bicycle journeys through the (5) regions of Thailand that will amaze riders from all over the world while giving back to the communities in Thailand that we ride through. Riders will raise funds for Rotary Clubs in their local communities that will be shared with the Rotary Club of Royal Hua Hin and be used to support charities and community projects in Thailand. We feel this is one of the best examples of Responsible Tourism that can be sustainable and beneficial to all involved for many years to come.
Recent projects of the Rotary Club of Royal Hua Hin include:
- Helmet Project for Thai Students
- Donation for School For Blind With Multiple Disabilities
- Donation for Special Needs Kids at Nongkhon School
- Children’s day Bicycles Donation
- English Camp at Nongkhon School
- Children’s day at Panyanukul School for the Disabled
- New Toilet Facilities at Baan Nongkhon School